Thursday, March 11, 2010

week 9 [eoc] $10 McDonald burger

If McDonald’s had a $10 burger on their menu, I don’t think that it would sell, or at least I don’t think it would be profitable unless changes are made to the actual recipe of the burger. I know for me personally I won’t not spend $10 on a burger unless I knew it was going to be one of the best burgers I have ever had and for me McDonald’s doesn’t seem like the “breath taking burger experience” type of place. If McDonald's offered a $10 burger they would need to better their burger. If they offered better grade beef and crisp fresh vegetables with their $10 burger I think it could be a success but there must a be a change in order for customers to keep bying it. Competitive advantage is"set of unique features of a company and its products that are perceived by the target market as significant and superior to the competition" (MKTG3, McDaniel Lamb Hair, Ch 14, Pg 211), and if McDonald's had a good $10 burger it would make them stand out from all the other fast food burger resturants.

No comments:

Post a Comment