Thursday, January 21, 2010

week 2 [eoc] my demographic

According to the marketing book I am a part of Generation Y. Generation Y is described as being born between 1979 and 1994, population of 60 million, and purchasing power of $200 billion annually. The book also describes Generation Y as being impatient, family-oriented, inquisitive, opinionated, diverse, time managers, and street smart. It also states that the best marketing for Generation Y would be word of mouth. For the most part I fit my demographic completely but the only thing that I don’t match is that good time management. I don’t mind being summed up by the book in this way. I agree that the best way to market yourself is by word of mouth because that is what has been working for me recently. I believe this book gives a good and fair summary of the people in my demographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment