Thursday, January 28, 2010

week 3 [eoc] great customer experience

When I think of a great customer service experience my experiences at Carrabba’s Italian restaurant comes to mind first. My family and I love going to Carrabba’s to eat, not only do they have great food and a nice atmosphere, the servicers are very kind and attentive. One time when I went with my mom, the restaurant was extremely busy due to the lunch rush and after about 25 minutes of waiting we were seated and the server took our order. After waiting for a while the server brought our meals out like usual and I guess the server misheard my order and brought me something completely different. I was just expecting to get my original order and that’s it but I was surprised how the server handled the situation. The server was very apologetic and quickly sent my plate back to get the right order. Well after having a delicious meal the server brought over a slice of cake and gave me a $10 gift card for the trouble, basically paying for my meal. It made me feel like they actually cared about me and my opinion. I know that it wasn’t my fault for what happened but seeing how hard the server worked to recover from the miscommunication made me feel like I was truly appreciated. Whenever my family can’t decide where to go eat Carrabba’s usually is one of the first restaurants we want to go to. Some restaurants just want your money but the people at Carrabba’s make sure that you leave satisfied and smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment