Thursday, February 11, 2010

week 5 [eoc] super bowl commercial 2010

To be completely honest, I do not like football so I did not watch the Super Bowl this year. I did however Youtube the “Best Super Bowl Ad of 2010” and I must say I wasn’t too impressed. Most of the commercials were dumb and not very interesting. I did find some ads that I enjoyed and most of those ads were made by Doritos. One of my favorite commercials was basically a little kid snapping his mother’s new boyfriend. In the commercial the mom walks her boyfriend into her house and as she is walking to her room to grab something her boyfriend “checks her out” then sits on the couch with the son. The boyfriend grabs a chip and the little boy snaps him and says, “Put it down, one keep your hands off my momma and keep your hands off my Doritos.” When I saw that commercial I couldn’t stop laughing. I don’t know why but physical humor is hilarious. My other favorite ad was another Doritos commercial but it only was available online. The commercial had this older man walking up to a vending machine to buy some Doritos. The man drops a coin and steps back to go find where it went. As the man is going back to the machine a younger guy puts a dollar into the machine but the chips get stuck in the little clamps that hold them in. The guy bangs on the machine and as he’s doing that the old guy tazes the younger guy. The younger guy falls against the machine and the chips fall. The commercial ended with the old guy enjoying his chips and the young guy walking all disoriented in the background. Once again, physical humor is hilarious and I replayed that one commercial at least five times. I think these commercials were successful because like myself, Americans love physical humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment